Why You Should Seriously Consider Hooking Up With a Gamer
I admit it, I’m a bit of a gamer girl. Geek is the new chic, and now that smart phones put games right at our fingertips, it’s hard not to indulge in a game here and there.
Dating a gamer can be hard for someone who doesn’t understand our enthusiasm for play, but don’t be so quick to dismiss a date with someone just because their ideal night consists of playing Titanfall.
Top 5 Reasons to Date a Gamer
- Super-Fun Date Ideas – Everything is an opportunity for a game, challenge, contest, or general awesomeness – even dinner and a movie. Expect the unexpected when dating a gaming enthusiast, if they’ve willingly disconnected themselves from their game of choice they are definitely interested in your company and will see to it that you have as much fun as humanly possible.
Photo Credit: franky242
- Patient and Tech-Savvy – Gamers have no problem waiting several months, even years, for a sequel or expansion pack to hit the shelves. While waiting for those precious games to become available, serious gamers have no trouble keeping themselves occupied by providing their own tech support and equipment upgrades. When it comes time to make a serious decision about your next smart phone, ask a gamer, they live for comparing specs and finding the sweetest tech.
- Not Clingy – Gamers, for the most part, tend to be homebodies who have no trouble coming up with ways to keep themselves occupied and entertained for hours. Want to go out with friends while your gamer stays home? No problem! Chances are they’ve been looking forward to the enjoying a few hours with their newest game anyway.
Photo Credit: photostock
- Totally Prepped for the Zombie Apocalypse – Hear me out on this, let’s suppose for just a moment that a zombie apocalypse is possible. When all hell breaks loose and zombies are shuffling around, looking for your best brain bits, it’s a gamer that you want by your side. Trust me, hours of Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor have armed your gamer with the ability to take out multiple zombies with a single weapon. Quick reflexes and the ability to find safe places to take cover and rest are other traits you’ll want when the zombies come, and your gamer is also trained in these areas. Consider all those hours in front of the console as valuable training time.
- Amazing Gift Givers – Anyone can buy a funny card and flowers, but gifts like these are tired and forgettable to a gamer. Instead, they see gift giving as a challenge – especially if they are really interested in you – they’ll make it a point to find the most unique, yet perfectly suited present to celebrate the occasion.
I didn’t even mention the fun of coplay and gaming conventions. Believe me, there are lots of great reasons to date a gamer. Have a different top 5 list of your own? Share it in the comments below. What are your top 5 reasons to date a gaming enthusiast?